HybridZ

LS1 MS1-MS2 conversion -Settings? Matt?

speeder

I have been trying to resolve some driveability problems with a turbo'd LS1 - Started out with Moby's setup ( RX7MS1 below) and configured another ECU with a MS2 processor using the .msq from the megasquirt LSx manual(RX7MS2 below). Car runs well with the MS1 setup, very poorly with the MS2. I am trying to avoid the PITA getting a timing mark on this engine.

Try as I might I cannot reconcile the settings between the two setups,and looking at the Scope picture (LSCrankCam) to get some timing relationships only confuses the issue. I can't see from that picture how the MS1 setup works!

Again, the MS1 setup (top picture) works well except for a couple annoying stumbles. Both ECUs are set up for wasted spark, coil outputs are the same channels in both ECUs.

If someone can help with this I would be really appreciate it.

RX7MS1.JPG

RX7MS2.JPG

LSxCrankCam.JPG

OK, I selected LS1 mode in Ignition options and no rpm indication on the Jim Stim/ in Tuner Studio. The toothed wheel setup shown works. Does anyone know what other settings than the LS1 Spark mode need to be made to make it work? I have crank trigger going into Tsel, Cam signal to JS10.

Toothed wheel settings are per the MS2extra ignition manual.

I'm using MS2 extra, 3.1.0.