HybridZ

78 280Z LS3 Project

I need to stop by and get a update in person....

Stop by anytime, it seems like I'm always in the garage now that the car is home, I hear you are redoing yours. what are you doing to it?

Quality build. Great attention to detail. I can see you spent many hours making everything work! Will be nice to finally see it go

Thank you, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on this car but I finally see the light at the end of the tunel. 

Wow!, that radiator and fan shroud really glistens and shines. There is going to be so much visual pop and over the top detail when you pop the hood. Curious as to the radiator specs, maker, dual pass, and your hp/torque goals, etc....

Thank you, there is a little bling under the hood that's for sure. My engine did 621hp on the bench and I'm running a 200hp nitrous shot in the Texas heat with A/C as well. The radiator is designed with all that into account. It was built by Wizard Cooling, they can design one for your specific application and it will mount in the stock locatiion as well.

Alain, Wizard Cooling in Buffalo?  If so I had Scott [owner] build the rad for my LS swap 10 years ago [had to bring him an old Z rad for the mounting dimensions] and it's been great.  He asked how I would drive it and expected horsepower and added a few tweaks at my request.  I must say the rad is very well build and don't anticipate replacement, ever...

Yes sir that's them,  I think they got the dimensions for the S30 radiator they have on their website from yours. Great group of guys,

They also asked me how I would drive my car in order to design a radiator that will work well. We put both inlet and outlet on the same side of the radiator in order to fit the LS motor better, they also added 2 4AN ports, one for the overflow and the other for the vent on the heads of this LS motor. They basically can make it how you want it as long as it does not affect how it performs.

You can tell the quality of this radiator when you see it in person, glad to hear you are happy with yours. Makes me feel better about what I spent on mine...lol

Thanks Jim, there is nothing average about your build sir. In fact most builds on this site have their owners touch that makes them unique. I have been inspired to do mine by looking at a lot of builds on this site including yours.

Thank you all for the great work and all the kind comments that has inspired me to continue building my car even where there were times when I wanted to throw it off a cliff... lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still working on the wiring, just taking my time to make sure everything works as it should. I decided to replace as many of the switches I could find new. That's has been a major undertaking since it seems like there are a lot of differences between S30's depending on the year. I was able to find them though, it is crazy what some people are asking for NOS parts for these cars. I just can't leave 38 year old electrical parts and expect not to have problems later.

post-14557-0-81028300-1476028828_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not made much progress due to all the business travel but finally got the mil-spec wiring harness fit on the engine. I'm very happy with the results, definitely not as bulky as the harness I had before, just a much cleaner look and every single wire is labeled.

The large connector is for the engine and the small connector is for the Nitrous controllers. I wanted to keep it all separate just in case I decide to eliminate the Nitrous in the future my engine harness remains intact. I'm now working on making a plate with a rubber gasket that I can fit on the firewall for the mil-spec plugs to mount to.

post-14557-0-98891200-1478532423_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-74778200-1478532691_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-44384100-1478532725_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-44710600-1478532762_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

After a 2 month break from working on the car I'm back on it, I was so frustrated with the car that if I did not stop working on it I was going to put a hammer through the windshield. I would like to have it ready for some upcoming events around here so I decided it was time to get back to work.

The wiring fun continues, I will fit the rest of the mil-spec engine and Nitrous controllers harness this weekend and continue wiring the chassis harness.

post-14557-0-07949800-1483564115_thumb.jpeg

post-14557-0-45032000-1483564127_thumb.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks trackspeed, I'm back on it just needed a break as I was getting frustrated. It seemed like nothing would fit as it should.

Finally had the last modifications done to the fuel tank and decided to polish it some. Not mirror finish since I like the stainless pattern to show through. I should have it installed this weekend once I make the fuel lines for it. 

post-14557-0-79504400-1486154813_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-50548800-1486154838_thumb.jpg