HybridZ

78 280Z LS3 Project

I'd re-evaluate using a stock tensioner.

Mine left me stranded not once but twice, from chucking the belt.

Installed a billet one from CBM and its been fine ever since! 

Just a heads up.

I thought about that but I asked some of my LS buddies that go to the track regularly and they never had one give out on them. They told me to make sure I bought I new GM tensioner. What happened to yours? Did the spring break?

Sunny, what is the benefits to running a billet tensioner over stock?

It doesn't dump the belt.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with killing the tires and hitting the limiter. Interestingly enough, three turbo ls cars here locally had the exact issue, which was fixed by a billet tensioner.

The stock tensioner looks, and functions fine, but I believe it was allowing the belt to dance, and eventually work itself off and shred, thus taking everything along the radius of the pullies with it.  <_<

Edited by SUNNY Z

Yes sir, the chrome is not forgotten. Just ordered a CBM tensioner and they are having it chromed for me. It never ends....

I got some pictures of my car in the paint booth Friday. I hope they get some color on it soon. I have a lot of parts waiting for it.

How is yours coming along?

post-14557-0-70480400-1408560880_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-61964600-1408560904_thumb.jpg

Man that is going to look nice!!!

I am waiting on a few parts. suspension and brakes are all on.  Starting the wiring this week.  Waiting on wheels another week.  CCW did not lighten them as I asked so I stopped shipment and made the request again ( when paying out the ass for wheels I was not going to settle) I should be up and running in about 3 weeks.  But we will see..... I am scared to get this bill.

Thanks,

I don't blame you about the wheels. If you are paying for it then you should get what you want. If it's free then settling is ok. I know what you mean about the bill, I keep a running spreadheet on how much I have invested in my restoration so far for insurance purposes and I hate looking at the total. especially since I have roughly another 15 grand or so to go. :(

Let me know when you get it on the road, I would ove to see it.

• 2 months later...

I was not able to ask Chris since he was busy when I went by yesterday but before he painted it we discussed having 3 to 4 coats of clear put on then wetsand/block the pannels then put another 3 to 4 coats of clear and then wetsand/block the pannels and buff it out. So I can only assume something like that was done. I know they wetsanded the car and re-cleared it but if not sure of the exact amount of coats of clear.

I wanted a little more depth than a regular paint job and that was the way to get the extra depth without having 10 coats of clear on the car.

• 3 weeks later...