HybridZ

78 280Z LS3 Project

I was talking about the fact. Nissan clutch master cylinder that came with the car . I bought an adapter and a hyd. line from Speedway and using Nissan clutch master on my 83 ZXT LS1/t56 conversion . I was trying to keep the cost down . Most of my parts for both of my conversions came from local stores . Two project cars are costing me a lot . LOL . Soon ( like 3 more yrs ) , i'll do the same to my 91 300ZX . I have to wait until it's emmision exempt . LOL

Sorry, I was refering to the clutch master cylinder as well. I don't know why I put slave cylinder. I can imagine what 2 project cars would cost. I have my hands full with just one. I think once I'm done with this one I won't do another project car. It's just too much of a pain in the A** dealing with body shops, upholstery shops, etc... and then having to work on the car after work and on weekends.

I would like to see that 91 300ZX conversion. I had a 95 TT and I just loved that car. No ratles, just a solid well built car. Drive a Corvette or Camaro for a couple of years and you better have a good stereo to make sure you don't hear all the ratles.... LOL

I think it just depends on how much mechanical leverage your pedal has, and how much wear there is in the pedal assembly. Every builder seems to require a different length. I had to go all the way to 1" master, but I would do well to weld up the hole in the pedal and re-drill it round again. I also am running a stock MC rod; I should probably use the wilwood rod.

Drive a Corvette or Camaro for a couple of years and you better have a good stereo to make sure you don't hear all the ratles.... LOL

My 4th gen firebird doors were terrible!! My Z doors with no weatherstripping and probably wore out everything barely rattle at all, and only when the window isnt fully up or down. My firebird doors rattled if you just looked at them wrong.

-Will

Frustration is now setting in, It seem like every time I order something it's on back order for 6 to 8 weeks. :(

For now I had a local machine shop make me a front A/C compressor bracket. I did not like the JCI bracket I ordered since it has their name and phone number stamped on it. I don’t want my car to become an advertisement billboard for anyone.

After I had the bracket made I had it and the other 2 chrome plated. Should look nice next to my chromed A/C compressor.

post-14557-0-62659000-1364995740_thumb.jpg

Nice Alain! X2 on the billboard comment. I had a set of bumpers built for my f-250 a couple months back and the people where dumb founded when I told them to remove all the logo's from their design. If I'm paying for it I'm not advertising it for free.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, you maybe right, I maybe going a little too far with the chrome. I know my wife thinks so, especially when she sees how much it is costing. :(

I did carbon fiber on my Z06 but I wanted to do mostly chrome on this build since it is more period correct for a 70's car than carbon fiber, not to mention I want something different that not everyone and their sister have done.

I guess sunglasses it is since all of my accessories will be chrome plated as well as a lot of other parts that go on the firewall.

Anymore shiny stuff ? LOL

LOL, actually I received the JCI A/C compressor that I sent out to be chromed and they chromed the pulley and clutch assembly but polished the compressor body instead of chroming it as I requested so I sent it back. I should be getting it back next week along with the belt tentioner. I will post pitures once I receive it. 

Great built,  keep us posted  :icon12:

Thank you, It has been slower than I would have liked but it seem like there is always something coming up that slows down the process and money is always it.

• 1 month later...

Just when we were moving forward so well the bodyman that was working on my car quit. At least most of the hard work has been completed. It’s a shame because he was doing such a good job.

He removed the fiberglass flares and made some out of steel. He made the flares out of the existing quarter panel  and added what was needed to give it the look I was after. Now I don’t have to worry about bottoming out.  He also replaced the rear valance and the lower rear quarter panels since they were rusted to the bone.

Hopefully I get some more chrome parts in to make me feel better. :rockon: 

post-14557-0-57564500-1370976805_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-95992600-1370976856_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-36113500-1370976868_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-68375300-1370976882_thumb.jpg

I feel a little better as some more chromed parts came in. The Master Cylinder heat shield, Heater hoses firewall plate, A/C hoses firewall plate, Idler pulley and last but not least the engine bay light.

At the rate I’m going I think the Aliens will invade the earth before I finish this car. :mrgreen: 

post-14557-0-62361000-1371124423_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-61409700-1371124446_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-55453200-1371124458_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-21462500-1371124474_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-61925500-1371124488_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-41745000-1371124502_thumb.jpg