HybridZ

1986 300zx dumping fuel from exhaust pipe

madmatt48

Goodafternoon fellow Z fans, I recently picked up a showroom looking 1986 300zx turbo Z31 VG30ET equiped Z. The previous owner thought the head gaskets were bad because he saw smoke coming from the exhaust pipes. I first checked the spark plugs to find mismatched spark plugs all severely fouled. Two plugs were Bosch, two were NGK and the last two were Autolites. I changed the spark plugs to new NGK heatrange 6 and it fired up however would not hold an idle, the only way it would run is my pushing the accelerator pedal and holding 2 to 3 thousand rpms to keep it running. During this time I saw a lot of black soot fluid coming out of the exhaust pipe. I found this to be gasoline and it was dumping out of the exhaust at a very disturbing rate. I suspect injectors are possibly stuck open however do not know of a home test to determine this cause for sure. Also would like to hear other experiences of this nature and what probable causes could lead to this strange fuel out of the exhaust problem. Thank you again, Matt