HybridZ

glasspack silencing

I run a pair of glass-pack resonators in conjunction with bullet mufflers and it's civil. Haven't had it all the way open, yet, but even under acceleration it's not that loud.

What're you running? Just headers and pipes with glass-packs on the end? You could add some resonators.

Edited by kamikaZeS30

I'm loking for ideas on how to silence the pair of glasspacks i have (mainly at Wot). The autox club ive been going to is now enforcing a Db lvl of 96 Db at 50ft.

Replace them, add turn down, all a Supertrapp tip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loking for ideas on how to silence the pair of glasspacks i have (mainly at Wot). The autox club ive been going to is now enforcing a Db lvl of 96 Db at 50ft.

Add a few more dynomax bullet glass packs in the trans tunnel area. Use perforated tube glass packs, not glass packs with bumps in the inside tube.

• 2 months later...

mmmk I was exactly at the Bd level required. But that dident stop me from digging around and finding a supe cheap and easy answer to hwo to cut down the drone.

Your gonna laugh. Stainless steele wool, jammed in the pipe with a mesh screen to keep it from shooting out. I found that depending on the ammount you stick in you can have it as quiet as a pos prius.

mmmk I was exactly at the Bd level required. But that dident stop me from digging around and finding a supe cheap and easy answer to hwo to cut down the drone.

Your gonna laugh. Stainless steele wool, jammed in the pipe with a mesh screen to keep it from shooting out. I found that depending on the ammount you stick in you can have it as quiet as a pos prius.

Bad idea, unless you want to restrict your exhaust and shoot fire out of it...

• 2 weeks later...

It may sound restrictive but depending on how much you cram in there you can make it a pretty good balance. I still have that nice Chevy rumble but it took out the WOT scream.

I ran my monthly autoX with it installed last last week and there were no flames (heavy guage stainless dosent burn like the normal stuff)and it's all still there.

The only negative was I couldent hear the exhaust note over my screming diff at the end of the day.

I can't argue with that analogy. The entire reason for this was to be within DB spec for the place I run at. When i'm not at the track the crap is removed. (2 min ordeal)

Edited by Lozer