HybridZ

What wing is this?

inglar

• 10 months later...

The distinctive shape on the inside of the moulding, the material (it's very distinctive) and the outer shape all add up to point to the OEM part.

I've had a lot of them pass through my hands (they were standard equipment on UK market cars) and it's fairly easy to distinguish between the OEM items and the copies/replicas/'BRE'/'Interpart' et al versions.

Have you got any reason to think that it isn't an OEM Nissan part?

Thank you again for the answer. Quite a few of my friends don´t think it´s a original Nissan wing. But now it is Clear, it is the real deal. Thank you :)

It allso turned out great after the repair I had to do:)

post-41011-0-38070700-1406125137_thumb.jpg

Edited by inglar

Quite a few of my friends don´t think it´s a original Nissan wing.

The quality of the moulding on the inside is the main proof. There have been many repros and copies made over the years, but the OEM Nissan (Kotobuki) moulding is far more complex (strengthening ribs, moulded-in mounting studs etc etc) than most private enterprises would bother with.

Most copies / replicas were FRP, laid up by hand and have natural piece-by-piece variation due to that. In contrast, the OEM Nissan item was made in metal moulds using a Styrene-based material. Fit is usually spot-on.

I should have mentioned that your rear spoiler is the *second* OEM shape for the S30-series Z. The very first S30-specific rear spoiler designed and made by Nissan for the Fairlady Z 432-R was a different shape, and was hand made in FRP.