HybridZ

Different hood hinge options

thezguy

Guys my cars front end is heavily modified. I have built everything around the stock hinges and clearances are very tight. Does anyone have photos of the different hinges and how they open? Do the g nose hinges do anything different besides open the hood further forward? 

I like the g nose hinges because they do no require locks\shocks To stay open. This is the style I'm after.

Most of the guys on this site think their front end has been heavily modified. That's why we can't come together, join hands and sing "Kumbaya" like my wife's coupon and recipe club.

That was a joke, sorry, back to our regular programming.....

Edited by RebekahsZ

Most of the guys on this site think their front end has been heavily modified. That's why we can't come together, join hands and sing "Kumbaya" like my wife's coupon and recipe club.

That was a joke, sorry, back to our regular programming.....

What I meant by front end is upper radiator support/intercooler etc. are all custom made and not factory. If the Gnose or zccjdm hinges differ from the factory hinges than I will have issues.

F6550D2F-5FFE-48BF-BBFA-BC32D6EDE710_zps

That's freakin awesome. Does the loss of the radiator support result in a noticeable loss of torsional strength? If not, I want to copy someday.

If you notice just behind the radiator there is in fact an upper radiator support. I made the support using tube steel and heim joints.

Edited by thezguy