HybridZ

just a quicky update

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guy just thought i would drop a progress report for ya. unfortunely i haven't done much since the lst time i told you guys what was going on.i got my 360 block in the shop still. i have to get the cash on hand before i can spring it out of there and in to my garage. other than that i have bascally stripped my car to its unibody 'cept for some of the heater and and other parts i still need to take out of it. i then went over the body with some black spray paint and hit all the areas i will need to fix/modiy. then i have tarped it and gotten it ready for the coming winter. sigh...it sucks not having all the right tools yet. i would be a lot farther along if my tool selection wasn't so narrow. but i'm slowly building it up. i should have a mig welder, and a air compressor with some nice tools by the end of this winter hopefully.

however there has been a LOT of change to the design ideas part of this project. i'm planning on taking out the rear side windows and weldng in sheetmetal there. then i'm taking out the hatch and cutting out the lip it sat on then i will weld in sheetmetal and use fiberglass to give it a pantera style rear end. I know they have a easy fiberglass kit out for this but my idea will come out looking a lot meaner hopefully. then i'll smooth the rear end and use oval LED trailer lights at opposing slants at each side for the brake/blinker lights.then i will shave the door handles. i've basically given up on a front clip that flips up. instead i'm just gonna make the front end one solid piece of fiberglass and use 4-8 DZUS fasteners to hold it there. that way i can just take the front end completely off. interior wise it won't be too fancy a sheetmetal dash with some nice recaro seats. i was think of using some of that truck bedliner instead of a carpet kit.

as you can tell this car has shifted more from a daily driver to a sunday warrior/road race car. i mainly want to run it in the silver state run and the gambler's run in the unlimited class. and whatever else track event type deal i can manage to finagle myself into icon_biggrin.gif along with any cruises or car shows that come my way. what do you guys think?

the motor is what i'll primarily focus on this winter. i wanted to run a set of W5 heads but the chamber cc was way too small for a forced induction motor. and its now set in stone that this will be forced induction. i just put the down payment on a set of forged 8 to 1 compression pistons. i think the best choice i have seen so far is the edelbrock heads. i will probably end up with a victor JR modded for EFI and a distributorless tecII kit for the engine managment. force feeding it will either be a set of turbos or maybe a ATI procharger. i haven't decided that part just yet. man i'm a big dreamer aren't i? icon_smile.gif this is gonna take me awhile

P.S. sorry about the length of the post