HybridZ

Played chase with a quick Fiero tonight

Guest zthang43

Guest zthang43

Not really a kill, but just a fun chase where the other guy couldn't get away. I was on my way home from my girlfriends house tonight and I pulled onto the highway behind a Fiero a nearby neigbor owns (I don't know him though). It looked like he was in the process of putting on ground effects panels; lots of grey primer and no paint in those spots. (Maybe that's just for the look though; only an idiot would drive around in the rainy northwest in primer if they were going to paint it; primer soaks up water and so does bondo.) Anyway, I gassed it hard getting on the highway and came up behind him, noticing that his license plate said TOONED. I was trying to figure out if he meant Looney Toons, or the motor was "tooned" (tuned?), but once we started to head up the mountain road to my house, he took off pretty hard. That thing definitely wasn't stock; I don't know if it was a turbo or maybe a V8 conversion. Anyway, the road up to my house is pretty twisty, and this guy though he was pretty quick, so I just stuck to his tail like glue but a reasonable distance back just in case he wrecked or something. We kept it at about 70-80 the whole way, about 4 miles, and it seemed to me that our cars were pretty even. He would try to jump ahead all of a sudden, so I would just hold it to the wood and catch up. He wasn't all that fast in the twisties though. I don't know if that was the car or the driver.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun; now I need more power so we can do it again and I can make him feel silly for being so slow. :D Headers, cam, and five speed, here I come. (Just using a very mild 4.3 with a rv cam and a quadrajet with the old TH350)

Oh, I think it was an early 90's Fiero, I'm not sure.

Guest nezzie76

Amazing! I have never thought of fieros as fast, but maybe I've been wrong in my assumption. I guess with a turbo and V6 those little things can haul. They are light after all... :eek: