HybridZ

My problematic 76

Ok guys here to ask for help once again:mparty:ok lets start. I had a EFI problem it was running WAY TO RICH, so i soldved that problem and went carb lol... so after i carb it and fix all fuel problems get the carbs dialed in it ran GREAT! for about a day... then it craped out.... the cars pitch just changed outa the blue. And was back firing like crazy! So i pull over and left it there till later that night and even after that it still ran like crap it struggled to get to 4k it was back firing sputtering and everything under teh sun. So no i finally get to work on the car, i found the GROUND to the alternator was toast, it got hot and some others as well but it didnt fuse any together from what i can see. The voltage has ALWAYS been 15+ but we did a check on the car and we saw it didnt put any voltage out, i changed the alternator with another one my buddy had and we didnt check what voltage it was putting out but it doesnt show any voltage on the meter and the charge light comes on. and i tried driving it today as well and it could bearly even get to 2k... so my question to you all is what could it be? :-P