HybridZ

Silver 16x8 002's my opinion!

I have not had the rubbing issue yet. But my wheels are not on the car. I have only read that people have problems with specific tires. Although tires have the same size printed on them, they vary by brand. The Tire Rack has the best compairisons in actual tire size. You have to hunt and peck by individual tire but the information is there.

The guy building my car builds 240Z for a living, and it is his passion. He states that the perfect wheel tire combo will fit with a 16x8 but it is close. Watanabe Wheels gave me the same information and recomended Dunlop or Bridgestone tires as they are typically smaller than others.

• 2 years later...

One question that I didn't see answered here was of the plan to mount a center cap on the front wheel. With the XXR 002 do you need to have a spacer in order to for that cap to mount? I have the same wheels, same springs and struts, and a '78. After 2 years of them sitting in my garage I mounted some used 225/50/16's off my 300zx since I didn't want those summer tires on anything but a dry weather-car (the '78). Are spacers required in order to mount the center caps?