HybridZ

Need Input on clutch related problem

Hey guys

My problem is that my clutch hydraulics keep becoming pressurized over time. Before I knew about this problem, my clutch got so bad it would slip at 1500 rpm in 5th gear because the pressure was releasing the clutch.

My master cylinder is from an 90's Celica (1jz has replaced my l24)and I just re drilled new holes in the fire wall. I had the same setup last year and never noticed a problem, but this year its been evident.

Im wondering if the return spring inside the cylinder is possibly too strong and forcing the piston back faster than the pressure plate, and each shift forces a little more fluid to get in front of the front seal/into the line. Has anyone has a problem like this before?

Opening the bleeder lets the excess fluid out and temp. solves the problem

Edited by Meph

it never fails, once I post a question I get the answer myself

the conclustion. I used my 240z push rod in the celica master cylinder. The end of the 240z was slightly bigger and pushed the seals past the tiny vent hole even when fully retracted. I installed the celica rod and its all good now, just slightly shallow pedal position.

delete post post or keep it for future searches?