HybridZ

Anybody know or heard from jwink25

dsommer

Heard from Jason yesterday, here is what he had to say...He was very blessed not to have been killed from the storm.

Hey David,

Yeah my wife and I are ok. My house has some damage and two of my cars are totaled out. As the tornado hit our neighborhood, we said what we thought were our last I love you's...was some pretty intense moments for sure! Never prayed so had in my life. The shear amount of damage to my home town is saddening and almost overwhelming to say the least. But whats more amazing to me is the amount of help that has poured into our town...not just from the 4 states but the nation as well. Joplin had to ask people to stop sending us clothes, there was just so much coming in.

Thousands of volunteers helping people and stuff. When I was trying to clean up my yard people were just showing up asking if I needed anything. I turned them away at first, I still had a house standing surely others needed help more than me. They kept coming back, finally I said yes. About 12 people cut trees and picked up debris and a few hours later I could see my yard again. Removed pieces of what once was the high school from my yard.

When the damn Westbro church people came to Joplin to say God hated Joplin and we deserved this I looked around and saw signs on homes that were a piles of rubble, saying God blessed us or God blessed Joplin. I saw thousands of volunteers so many at times they were being turned away. I looked at the thousands of homes and businesses destroyed and only 130-150 dead. No Westbro...God doesn't hate Joplin, God loved Joplin...it could have been so much worse than it was.

People died on my street. My home was damaged my cars totaled. But things can be fixed and cars replaced. My wife and I were blessed that night, I'll never forget that!

The 240Z was in storage over at my brother in laws, so it's safe. Still waiting for me to finish it. I wish I had more free time to work on it. Maybe I can get back to it this fall.

Thank you for checking on me, I don't have internet right now, got power and water back. If anyone else from HybridZ was wondering how I'm doing, let them know were a lil battered and bruised but doing ok. Wife still jumps at sudden noises but it's getting better.

Thank you,

Jason

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates from Jason?

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, life has a way of changing one's priorities. My wife and I are doing well and have our home mostly put back together. As we rebuild I am trying to upgrade everything to better than it was...kinda like a hot rod. If I have to replace something...why not do it with something better? I'm sure the car guys understand this better than anyone, haha.

Everything is taking way longer than I had hoped it would. I noticed at Christmas time not very many homes, on what was left of my block, had lights up, so to spite the tornado I climbed the ladder and hung a few Shortly there after, others did as well. None of us would have won any "Best of show" awards, but in some ways it was the most beautiful lights I have ever seen.

I have since returned to school (MSSU) and am perusing a business degree. I have had a life long dream of owning my own business...I will see it come true.

My car still sits in my shop waiting on me...I feel selfish wanting to work on it when there has been so much to do here. But, if I don't get to drive a sports car soon, I think my head is going to explode. That used to be a large part of my life, and now has taken a backseat for years. It makes me sad. I would love to start work on it again soon.