HybridZ

Old guy newbie

Greetings to all, I have been lurking for about two weeks and have learned considerable..I just bought a 74 260. It as a gen 1 350 and a camaro 5 speed. My goal is a driveable, nice air conditioned car that my wife can drive and we can travel in and enjoy..Hows that for being different! The engine is too cammy, with a double pumper, etc. I intend to tune this down. I need to know a few things. can the dizzy be removed if the engine is in the jtl position? to get the cam out, gotta pull the distributer. Now, is there a provision for neutral start only on the t-5 trans? Clutch safety switches anybody tried? Freaking dangerous to not have anything!! Next, Is air conditioning. looks like a drivers side mount, is there a factory type, (wrecking yard ) mount that I can do a Sanden? Don't want the old york or even a chev. I pulled the evap core today and it is holding a 29 inche vac. Boy! it sure looks small! I ordered a kia blower motor, but really, is this enough? 103 today where i live. Hottern the hinges of hell, and I want to do what I can do, while this dash is out!Can you get to the a/c hose nuts while this a.c. is installed. the rubber hoses on mine were cut at the firewall. I know that the new gas needs barrier hoses, but boy, looks like they are hard to get at under this dash. I am taking the whole dash out tomorrow or the weekend, to fix the pad. I want to get all of the original gauges functioning and believe at this point I have the expertise to do so,,(Maybe, maybe not) Keep in mind I am old enough to know how an ammeter works! Jtr's manual tells how to make the tach and speedo operate. I plan to follow thier advice unless somebody has a better plan. They are not too clear on wiring, rather vage in my opinion. My Z is a pristine, 54.000 mile, no rust Texas car.I mean this thing is sweet! Everything I have pulled off looks like new, I worked on the windshied wipers first, since they did not work, my wife walked out just as I was un bagging the motor, and commented, that can't be broke, its brand new! The whole car seems to be that way. Absolutely no rust in the spare tire well. Anyway, sorry for the brag, really I just got lucky! Any help will be most appreciated and am looking forward to being in this community. Even though you guys seem to be Hot Rod oriented, please welcome an old man that loves Z cars and wants a functional, practical machine that even the boss can drive!