HybridZ

l20et r30 ignition problems

hi all, i am new to this site. i have a r30 skyline running a l20et. it has a problem with the igniter and or coil. some times looses spark and car stops. how do i go about checking igniter and hooking up a after market coil? i have already replaced the crank angle sensor in the distributor.

today i started up my car. started first pop and ran fine. i removed the plug from igniter to coil. hooked up a LED test light to earth first. 1 pin is ignition. others hav no power. then i hooked the LED to power. found one pin is always earth. the 2 others are pulsed earths when cranking. so now i kno what the igniter packs out puts are when car is working fine. then i put it all back together as normal n started her up. hmmmmmm now i want this car to fault so i can check if there are any changes to the outputs of the igniter. if all outputs are the same i can point probs to be the coil i spose. so i put it back to normal n run it for at least an hour waiting for it to cut out. but it freeekning wouldnt hahaha. id say because i am just letting it idle its not putting enough stress on the electrical components to make them fault. i dont want to keep reving it till it cuts out and upset the neighbours either haha. so i spose i mite have to get someone to follow me and test it on the road side when it faults. hardly ever does it and when it does i end up towing it home and when i get home it starts up straight away hahaha.

any info to fix this problem would be much appreciated

thanks

post-22357-090601700 1312971100_thumb.jpg

post-22357-089470500 1312971286_thumb.jpg

post-22357-059471300 1312971413_thumb.jpg

post-22357-028451000 1312971521_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevz_kuzzie_kustomz