HybridZ

5 speed transmission rebuild... help!

I have a shop manual that I have followed, I've removed all the bolts for the rear extension, removed the speedometer housing thing, the pin for the striking lever, then pulled it out as far as it could and turned it counter clock wise. I've been spraying the crack with penetrating oil, beating it with a rubber mallet, and trying to break it apart.

Any tips?

I've identified it as the FS5W71A 5 speed from years 77-79. I bought it from a guy who got it from a junk yard, so I figured I would overhaul it before swapping it into mine.

I'm sure after I break into it I will have more questions :D

I bought an online shop manual, and I have a printout one as well and MR. google and search haven't showed me anyone else with this problem :(

let me know if you guys want pics of anything, thanks for the help!!

Eric

Okay so I was able to get it apart with just a rubber mallet and penetrating oil by hammering on the fin instead of the rear extension itself.

Now that I have the housing apart, I will call it a night. I will have a camera ready for what follows :)