HybridZ

1976 280z 2+2 drums

I am new to this site and still fairly new to the Z scene. I have owned this 2+2 since last Dec.. and after 15-16 years the motor finally runs again. After installing the fuel tank i decided to test drive my baby that has just been eyecandy for me. Anyways once i put it in first it pulled foward but sounded very loaded. After roughly a foot of travel there was a terrible squeak and squeal. Basically how do i unlock the drums? Any help would be graciously accepted, thank you in advance

The slave cylinders are likley frozen due to corrosion and not allowing the brakes to release. There is also some possibility that the parking brake cables are frozen and not releasing. There is an access hole to adjust the brake shoes. Try backing out the adjustment to release the brakes.

After sitting for so long the brake system is surely got bad. You should rebuild or replace the master cylinder, front calipers, and rear slave cylinders. Also, change the rubber brake hoses.