HybridZ

Rb25det Feel

David GArcia

Well I have a stock rb25det. To me the throttle is a bit laggy. Even thou it I have lag I do not need to press the gas pedal that much in order to cruise. The car basically has a will of its own and i have'nt tried full throttle yet. The Blow of valve sounds to me as if it is vented externally but I know its reciculated.

Mods:

Q45 throttle body

Greddy style intake manifold

Aftermarket fuel regulator

Intercooler is a 4x24 with overall with of 31

Subaru STI 2008 Differential and axles

Rb25det transmission

surge tank fed by a summit racing fuel pump

engine fed by a bosch 044 fuel pump

3 inch exhaust with a resonator

Well Ive never been in a car with an RB26 or a Ferrari or anything. The fastest car Ive been in before my build was a lightly modified Civic hatch with a B16 Vtec swap so Im hardly an authority. But to me and my friends that have been in the car seem to think its damn fast haha! As far as response I can say its, if anything, slightly too responsive as even a very light foot can get boost flowing.

Also, from what I have read, a GReddy plenum and a Q45 throttle body actually causes lower end power to suffer a bit as it is designed for high horsepower applications with peak power in mind. Food for thought as I don't know this for certain.

I cant tell, but are you running a MAF? I have my air filter located where yours is and my tuner said its a very poor location for MAF readings. I also see that your blow off valve is recirc'd right behind the MAF (if there is a maf behind your filter) and that would throw the MAF readings off due to air being blasted right behind it. This is why you have the sound because the air is essentially being blasted out of the intake. You have to extend the intake pipe and have some bends in it and angle the entry for the BOV recirc pointed into the turbo inlet to keep the MAF happy. Similar to how the stock intake charge pipe is for the RB25 (the rubber one). Im going to be in the process of doing this too.

Car looks awesome though!

Edited by jakeoster

Nah, in this order; Filter, connected to MAF (if you got the Apexi intake like I do), some length of pipe, 45-90 degree bend, another bend, BOV recirc angled to shoot directly into turbo inlet as close as you can get.

From my understanding you want steeper bends the closer the Maf is to the turbo and the BOV recirc aimed away from the maf as much as possible in addition to being as far from the MAF and as close to the turbo inlet as possible.

Edited by jakeoster