HybridZ

MS2 maps

You can use an injector flow tester to measure flow at a variety of PW, plot on a graph of flow vs. PW and use a best-fit to see where the line instersects the zero flow axis. That's the dead time. There's a youtube video of one of the developers running this test. I'm not a fan of spraying gasoline in my garage, so went with my poorman's workaround at idle.

Another way to do it is with an oscilloscope and current probe. I have the scope, but high quality current probes are expensive so that wasn't an option.

Edited by Zmanco

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got around to spend sometime on my Z and I did the whole plot a graph thing to find the injector dead time. I came up with a 0.3ms dead time.

I also installed my wideband but its acting funny. I calibrated based on the instructions that came with it but I think it reset it self when the battery gave out. So now I have a question does the o2 get un-calibrated when it loses power? Do i have to take out o2 and re-calibrate?

Thanks