HybridZ

L28ET 1/4 mile times

I know not everyone drag races, but I don't see many 1/4 mile times for L28ET powered cars, lets get a list going. Try to give as much detail as possible.

I'll start.

60' 1.969

1/8 8.622

mph 81.57

1/4 13.458

mph 101.18

Details:

Car weighs 2750 with fluids and me in it. Stock turbo, 8psi falling to 7 by redline, EVO 8 IC, MS2 v3, big injectors, msa downpipe, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with turbo muffler, N/A 'A' cam, 93 octane.

• 2 weeks later...

I shifted around 5700, yes I used 4th. I'm using a stock open r180, from an automatic 280z, I think it's 3.54:1 and the tranny is a ZX 5 speed.

I'm convinced that with a little effort I can go mid 12's, I've got it at 12psi now and it's a whole lot quicker. That was the only run I got that day, with a little practice I could probably knock a tenth or 2 off without upping the boost.

I'm planning on buying another set or wheels so I can put my DR's on this car and hooking up the 2 step so I can launch with some boost.

Sounds like you have a great technique and are shifting at the right time, really surprised at how quick your 60' times are with a 3.54, what rpm are you leaving the lights at?

Let's us know how you get on with the extra boost.

I held it up around 3500, then slipped the clutch out while standing on the gas, I slipped it just enough to keep the car from bogging, boost came on right about when I had the clutch fully engaged. Hopefully with the 2 step and DR's I can launch on boost and do something closer to a 1.8 or 1.7 60'.