HybridZ

350z parking brake help

I have a friend, well acquaintance really, that is having trouble with the parking brake on his '04 350z. Some metal clip on the bottom of the assembly fell off yesterday. Neither of us can find it in any parts breakdown so I'm looking here. Not sure what it is, but it apparently clips on at the bottom of the assembly where the cable pulls the lever to spread the shoes out. We're not sure of its exact function, only that it screams like a skinned cat when it falls off (imagine that!).

If the clip your referring to, attaches to the end of the cable at the e-brake shoe lever. You may have to go to a dealer and order it. If i remember correctly that clip holds a small roller pin in place so may need to order that pin also.

Edited by dexter72

If the clip your referring to, attaches to the end of the cable at the e-brake shoe lever. You may have to go to a dealer and order it. If i remember correctly that clip holds a small roller pin in place so may need to order that pin also.

It sounds like what I'm talking about. I can't believe that I haven't been able to find a single diagram on line. But thanks, I think that's exactly the part we're looking for.