HybridZ

FS5R30A tranny swap to L28E '79

Tsuka89

oh boy, so been looking for hours now, found adapter plates being custom made (NLA now?) I keep having issues with my transmissions; my second FS5W71B (I think, out of an '81, the original was burnt out from the owner prior to myself). had the used 81 unit in the car for about a year now, and second has been gradually making more and more noise <_< . looking for a supposed sticky on this swap, but any information would be helpful. FS5R30A (Z31T/Z32na) tranny swap to L28E '79

Thanks

You didnt look very hard at all. Dont worry, Ill spoon feed you!

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101735-z32-transmission-adapter-kits-for-l28/

There is a link to the original thread there and there is another guy who did this as well and wrote a writeup. Between the two threads you get all the answers you need.

I contacted mazworx and they said they have one sitting on thier shelf. Call and you shall recieve it. They will even machine your bellhousing too.

Heres the email from them,

Tech Dept tech@mazworx.com

Jan 23 (2 days ago)

to sales, me

Yes we have it on the shelf. Forwarding this email to our sales dept and they will give you a price on it. Thanks From: marcus mcevoy [mailto:akeboshi11619@gmail.com]

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:22 AM

To: tech@mazworx.com

Subject: Z32 trans to L28 engine adapter Hello,I briefly browsed your website looking for the z32 trans to l28 engine adapter braket but didnt see it. Do you guys still make this? If so how much?Marcus

• 2 weeks later...