HybridZ

mustang BB's?

Guest scca

anyone know some good mustang Bb's?

there has to be a article somewhere on installing a 5L into a 65-66 stang.

i found windsor-fox but $350 to modify a harness seems a bit rude..

they also want to charge me more for putting the harness in a datsun..

go figure!!!!!!

what the Hell does it going into a 240 have to do with the way they modify the harness?

what about any street rod sites that do FI - most seem to still use carbs,,,

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

http://www.outlaw-brakes

raceparts and brake upgrades.

Mike, have you laid out the harness and just looked at it? I think it's in a couple of parts and I can probably help a little. I'll hunt aorund some - have you checked to see if there's anything in the SVO book that might help? Maybe Ford sells something...

Guest Anonymous

I found one decent (at least from a non-mustang owners perspective, I'm sure theres tons more) mustang website:

www.stangnet.com

It seemed to have some info, but on the wiring not as much. I think Randy mentioned a Ford book for wiring the EFI, also I thought Ford was supposed to be coming out with a Harness soon for swaps? FWIW.

Lone

motorsport has a harness, comes in 2 pieces,

m12071-c302

and same with e302. $350 for the 2 pieces.

they have a 26 page book on FI for 5L as well.. i guess i'll order that first.

i found one site with color codes and wiring diagram looking for more before i start on it

i've laid out the harness- it has more plugs than i have parts ..

i'm missing the hego harness need to go back and get it..

i'm sure once i do it i'll be able to do exactly what windsor fox does witout paying them.

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

Nooo, I posted that elsewhere. I'll try over at my friend's shop.

Off the top of my head there should be:

TPS

MAF

water temp

air temp

2 O2s

8 injectors

pigtail to distributor

EGR junk

Hookup to tranny - it needs to know speed

fuel pump relay

That's all I recall. IF you need me to I'll snap some pics and take some notes off of my Mustang as it's all together. Note - there are some grounds on my harness that if unplugged will prevent the car from running - don't ask smile.gif My Haymes manual has some wiring diagrams in it but it's pretty cryptic. What exactly does Windsor Fox DO to the harness?

windsor fox just eliminates the unneeded ends and rewraps the harness with the appropriate ends labeled to install in a different car..

i have everything you listed except the o2 sensors, i think the tranny has a plug on it? have to look at it now..

------------------

Mike

mike@fonebooth.com

Tranny will have a thingie right out of the speedo hole. In older MAP cars this was simply for cruise control and not in every car. In later MAF cars this was there so that the computer would know when you were coming to a stop. Some MAF upgrade kits have this connection, the crappy ones don't and supposedly run funny. The SVO MAF conversion is the be$t I've ever seen...

Ford Racing makes a manual on EFI swaps. You can get the book straight from FORD. It's REALLY easy to follow, and tells you what everything hooks to. That way you can use the stock harness (that's already on the engine) and all you have to add is the fuel pump and fuel lines. I have it and it is easy to follow and is like $5. Just look in the Ford Racing Catalog.

AL

------------------

http://zcar.netdojo.com

My Upcoming Solo Album Site

Guest JAMIE T

One of the best web sites I have come across is the NMRA at www.nmraracing.com its buy and sell board is the most active I have ever seen. It is a good place to find parts, i.e. alum. heads and such.

------------------

"Forzata Induzione"

Jamie