HybridZ

Speedometer cable?

Guest firebern

Guest firebern

Wait do theyhave the same travel and input shaft size? Cause they have the V6. What is could about the TBird SC is that it actually had the V8, no?

Guest firebern

Ibougth the Thunderbird hydraulic throwoutbearing, it's a nice piece. Iwill try to install this weekend. There is a problem though, the fitting for the hydraulic is one of these idiotic plugs that ford makes but that they don't sell separately. I have to buy a line and it's like 100$!? But I will try to find some other part source or modify it.

If somebody has got some ideas, I need it.

Later,

Fire.

Guest firebern

Actually, I looked at some haynes book and found that this part is used in many other cars. Saturday, I'll be heading for the junk yards. Looking for Brncos, F150, F350 or Areostar with manual trans. There is simply no way I won`t find any.

Later,

Fire.

By the way, I think Hoover has got his eyes on one mean Z. I am going check it out for him.

Guest firebern

Ok here is the deal to install the hydraulic throwout bearing out of the thundebird requires some mod on the T5.

It has its own input shaft sleeve, so the input shaft sleeve on the T5 needs to be cut(probably not a ery good idea). Then you will need a 1/2 inch ring to fit the set onto the remainig part. Yes the sleeve and the inpu shaft bearing retainer is a single part. It is not such a great idea. I will go with the Mcloed hydrau setup.

Later,

Fire.