HybridZ

JCI Motor mounts

250 GTO

I have a 78 280Z that I am installing a 350 TPI motor, I purchased the install kit from JCI. I have run into a big problem, the motor and 700R4 transmission have beeen installed. The Transmissiion is plastered against the entrance of the Tunnel on the passenger side and there is a good 4 - 5 inches of room on the drivers side. Also the motor sits higher on the drivers side which is where the problem probably originates. The motor mounts were installed per the JCI diagram in the install book. I called JCI and spoke to the guy running the shop in Johns absence (in Florida). He thought that the transmission mount was flipped around causing everything to be shifted. The installer described to him how it was installed, they both aggreed that it was correctly done. JCI stated that they buy the mounts in lots of 20 and ten sets have been sold with no complaints. If any one out there can shed some light on to what may be wrong please advise before the installer starts fabing things $.