HybridZ

First post here....LONG

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all,

I have a 280 Z that i want to drop a GT40 5.0 89 Mustange engine in (need a lot of work so ther is no rush for the info, infact I have yet to buy it from my friend icon_smile.gif ) with a T5 trans 5 speed behind it. I have the trans, but the input shaft and 3rd grear are pretty hammard. I priced out new parts for the trans and from Ford it would be well over $1000 for the parts (and I work for a Ford dealership so I get a discout). A friend of mine has a Ford Mustange caltoluge with a rebuild kit in it for only $200 but I don't know what parts come in the kit, I could buy the input gear and 3rd gerear from the book but I am not sure if they will work with the reast of the trans, says in the book they are heavy duty not sure if the rest of the trans is. What I am wondering is, is there a engine conversion kit for a 75 280 to 5.0 GT40? If so where do I get it at. Also has anyone tried to swap the transmission from atuo to standard in the same year vehilce. Any help would be aprrecieated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

As for the T5 rebuild, do this:

Go to this site:http://www.corral.net/Forums/

Click on Windsor

Click on search

Type in: T5 rebuild

Click on perform search.

Read away!

I have a 302 with a T5 in my '75 280Z. It's an excellent combo. I am carbed, but I will be going to EFI with a Vortech blowing into it soon. As for buying a engine mount kit, I haven't seen one, I made my own stuff. Basically make a second x-member behind the original one and build brackets up to the mounts. There are a lot of other descriptions of how to do it on this forum, so surf around.