HybridZ

My hood doesn`t fit

Guest firebern

Guest firebern

Yes, maybe I would have to get the lower intake too. The clearance above my fuel injector rails is a lot less than 1/2 inch.

In the middle of the upper intake there is a section that drops in an angle an comes very close to the fuel rails. I will try to get a pic. I don't know if the clearance is different under the upper intake of the 94 and 95. I'll try to post a picture this week.

As for trimming it, it is a good idea but again my problem is what I explained up there.

I thougth I could manage to keep the cable clutch using a pulley system. I did it, but the pressure needed is so strong, it bent the part on which I had screwed the pulley. I have to take the tranny out and install an hyd. throwout(didn't go with this at first cause I couldn't find some store in Ottawa that could order it). I'll try to order it on my own from the states or maybe I can get that Thunderbird one but I am not sure how easy it is going to be this way. I guess buying a McLeod or a Tilton would be easier to setup.

Later,

Bernard.

• 1 month later...
Guest scca

i have the opposite problem- IF its a problem??

almost done the install. mounts arent 100% done but its sitting on them now.

ihave the oilpan 1.5" below the x-member. the EFI intake is below the hood latch.

tons of hood clearance....

the flowtech coated headers are 1/16" from the TC mounts...

front oilpan drain is about 1/8" from x-member.

i may have gone too far with the JTR method - i have the cyl heads 1/2" from the firewall

and it that low.. theres room to re/re heads in the car still and valve covers..

i think the oilpan is a bit lower than the cars framerails but will not be lower than the exhaust. i may raise it up a bit OR i can make a shallower rear sump. the front sump is almost level with the x-member..

my pass side mount bolts onto the stock xmember mount ---the drivers side is similar to Alsils where it sits on the framerail.

cant do the drivers on teh xmember as it interferes wiht the steering rod.

oh--- and i have to use a heim supported steering rod with a additional universal as well..

but stock oil filter will fit.

will likely use a cooler anyway though..

Guest firebern

Cool, if nothing is touching the tranny tunnel or firewall it is going to be fine.

From what kind of car did you get the engine?

I`ll probably try it next time around but I kept the original Datsun engine mounting points. I didn`t want to take a chance with the frame. My engine sits on the crossmember, so there is more weigth on the wheels than the frame. I followed the "S" curve kind of mounts prescribe by one of the members.

I took a break from working on my car, my work was suffering from it. In the past three weeks, I lowered the crossmember by an inch, I know some of you didn`t think it was a good idea but I didn`t want to loose my hood, I mated the ford speedo cable to the Datsun and more... Basically my drivetrain is ready, I have the electronics and the exhaust left. I want to be ready for the Kingston 2001 Z meet.

See you guys there,

Fire.