HybridZ

Hydraulic throttle???.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How about taking a small bore master cylinder and connecting it to a slave cylinder that actuates the throttle??? This would be so trick and it would make setup so much easier. I know The Chassis Shop makes a complete system for race cars but it is pretty expensive. It would be just as easy to use an Zcar clutch master cylinder and a aftermarket slave and have some flexible hose made up to the right length. Is this illegal for streetable use or is it just a bad idea??

SpencZ

I don't think that would work, when you press the clutch peddle the slave cylinder pops out to move the clutch arm in one motion at a certain point in the peddle travel. Another words if you press the peddle a little, the slave is not poping out a little. I could be wrong, but I don't think you would have the throttle responce you want. Also if you spring a leak you have no throttle, where a cable will always be there.

Guest Anonymous

I know it can be done...I have a dune buggy and alot of them run them. Check suppliers in VW & Dune Buggy magazine. I believe that Neal and CNC are two manufacturers of these systems. They are use in the sand, because the sand gets in the cable and gums things up. But why don't you use the aftermarket kits, like from Lokar. That what I have on my car and I have not had any problem in two years.

Al

Hey SpencZ - They work pretty good on some racecars but those guys are migrating away from it to "drive by wire".

As a couple of these guys have mentioned the Lokar High Tech throttle cable (part no. TC-1000HT)is super easy to install, very reliable (ever had a throttle stick open?) and looks great.

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

If you wanted to use it go with a kit. I have payed with the one on my buddy's sand dragger adn it its preey cool. However, it is a very hard petal compared to normal liinkage, or campared to my custom (very easy to make). Cost me less than $20 for the parts and all I had to fab was a little bracket at the firewall and one at the carb. I made both brackets with a pair of pliers and some stip steel, then drilled a couple holes.....boom....done. Almost too easy to push.

Jake