HybridZ

ford alternator wiring

Guest scca

BONUS! icon_wink.gif

so i will order up the 88 Crown vic waterpump and slot the holes in to fit..

PS and S/C wont be for a LONG time..a/c would be nice but not into that for at least a year figuring out how to plumb the stang pump to the nissan crapin my car..

Guest firebern

COol I didn't know this. I'd go this way too,

it makes it easier to match the Datsun wires plus you don't have to drill holes to screw the solenoid.

I sure wish I had a reason to change my starter but it works fine for now.

Guest firebern

Actually, maybe you wouldn't need to change that new pump later, cause the fins on the propeller are straigth(the stangs are directional) so turning one way or the other, you get the same result but!!! the water channels are in opposite directions(logical), for this reason it would probably not work as well in reverse(in the future). I hope you are not confused.

I enlarged the holes with a drill bit made for this purpose, it took a while and it is probably unbalanced now. Preferably, get it down at a machine shop, this shouldn't cost more then 10$. I am lucky, the owner of the machine shop I go to is very nice and charges me close to nothing for what I get done. Lately, we made a new transmission mount and he charged me 30$ CAN, it took 2 hours to fabricate(maybe less cause we talk a lot) but I consider this to be very cheap for the part I got.

As for the alternator wires, get a ford starter relay, one side connects to the battery + terminal the other to the starter, the wires off the alternator with the big ring plugs on the battery side. As you have probably guessed it charges the battery.

Do you have a Ford wiring diagram, it will help you lots?

I'll have to look at this more tonigth, yesterday I actually forgot and took 5 minutes before coming to work to look at it, but some wires were in a box I made so I didn't get time to open it.

Another thing too, when you will be changing your water pump, replace the thermostat get one taht can only stuck open, mine is stuck close so I need to empty the radiator again.

I tried the car yesterday, I went for a spin with my girlfriend and man!!! this engine rocks. I don't think I will get a supercharger after all, I think the car would collapse. I have to get a strut bar, there is simply too much torque!

Don't get me wrong here, that thing is simply awesome, I can't wait to beat the **** out of those mustang, my town is the young kids driving big radio equipped Stang's capital. They thinnk they're tuff, I got beaten by a chev 350 before but this time I think it is not going to happen.

Later,

Fire.

no mustang diagram here. i have just the FI book and it has no wiring colors.

iunderstand the waterpump thing..

no hurry on the wiring- if you can get it by the weekend thats ok. it wont be running till at least saturday- as i am waiting on the t/o bearing to arrive.

i was thinking of using a 94 starter thats a hi-tork drive and i think it may have the solonoid on it? so i wont need the old style relay then. i can run a wire from alt to battery direct.

thats IF the starter has built in solonoid

well if you can look at the alt wiring - i'm hoping to wire that in wednesday.

the engine should be back in today - t/o brng assy arrived also a ford performance FI wiring manual- that seems real helpful.

its getting closer now.. maybe saturday is a reality now? i am taking the week off to finish it -