HybridZ

d2 coilovers

I don't think anyone has used them on an S30. I have two friends that used to have them on S13s, and the general consensus seemed to be that they aren't that great. Supposedly they go lower than Megans, but even Megans on the S30 go more than low enough. I called D2 to ask about specs (like body threads to see if they would work with other peoples adapters already on the market, and their tech department didn't even know).

Riding in one of those cars while it still had D2s on it, the ride quality was somewhat rough, though I think it had something like 12k/10k springs on it. Ride quality probably isn't something to be concerned about if your moving to aftermarket performance suspension anyways though.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize this was the S130 forum, I saw the post topic on the side about coilovers and just assumed S30. My view on the ride quality still stands though. If I had my 82 longer, I probably would have gone the coilover route and got rid of my cut springs.

Edited by KnightoftheRound