HybridZ

351 and 302 mounts

ZROSSA

Help,

A guy i know wants to put in a 351 into his eb falcon. I know that this wont make any sence to most of you but the car came out with the 5.0 mustang engine as well. Does anyone know if the 351 and 5.0 had similar engine mounts? I dont know if its a cleavland or a windsor. i will find out. Can any of you Aussie fellows shed some light. I searched the web but didnt really come up with much other then it can be done.

Thanks,

Douglas

Guest Anonymous

I believe that 351 and 302 Windsors have the same transmission and motor mount bolt patterns. 351s are taller and wider, but this is because of changes made to the deck height of the block. It should be an easy swap, from the mounting point of view.

I don't honestly know if the Cleveland is a bolt in or not, but I've seen a ton of them in early Mustangs, so it obviously isn't that hard to do.

302Windsor and 351Windsor motors have the EXACT same motor mount points. You can use 302 mounts on a 351W no problem. Cleveland I cannot speak to but in the States the Windosr is FAR more popular. Be careful of the width though, while th eengine deck is taller it's also a V engine which means that the engine itself is noticably wider. In a tight engine bay this can mean BIG trouble. If you need a width measurement let me know. The engine also ends up being taller by at least an inch or two so that can cause issues with hood clearance. They make drop mounts for Mustangs here that could probably be fabricated if you desired in order to drop it down some.

Hrmph, you guys get some really cool cars over there that the automakers here are too stupid to bring over. Really ticks me off icon_sad.gif

thanks for the help. i dont know how far we will get with this one. I think that when we figure out what it will cost to go from a fuel injected car back to carbs he will give up. Suits me, I have two ubfinished projects already.

Yes there are lots of good toys down under. we do have to pay alot of money for them. You want a 240, bring at least $10,000. A new chevy blaser converted to right hand drive, start a $80,000 and head up depending on spec. Your basic econo hatch, just under $30,00 for a new one. Jap import engines and cars are probable the cheapest anywhere outside of japan.

Have a look around here www.trade-exchange.co.nz

If you know your way around import engines there is fun to be had.

Douglas