HybridZ

which heads should i use with turbo?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Would the 4V or 2V heads be better with a twin turbo setup?

I've been offered a pair of 4V heads, but havent decided if i should jump on them or not.

Also do they fit the windsor block, I've got a 351 clevo with stock crank and bores, but Im tempted to get a mates 351 windsor for the wieght savings, if the heads will fit i might try to swap my clevo for the 4V heads, since i had a mate pay $500AUD for a 351 clevo crank I might get the guy to go for it.

What do you guys think?

The heads you'll "Need" all depends on your expectations & the parts you use to build your engine...which in turn effect the airflow prior to the intake, after it enters the intake/mixing w/fuel, combustion chambers & the exhaust.

Every part on the engine effects airflow; your question, albeit in earnest, is too general to give a thorough answer.

What I can tell you is that Corkey Bell's book says that any "Stock Set Up" can handle a 7psi boost w/no other modification.

Your cylinder heads will effect when your peak power is reached, while your pistons/cam/intake/Fuel systems determine how quickly you reach that peak (broad powerband -vs- peaky powerband) & the turbo you choose will determine how efficiently your engine's peak power is amplified & how efficiently your engine is "Launched" toward that amplified peak.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)