HybridZ

Chassis Proformance

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Say i have a 302, and i want to put it in Z chassis. Which chassis is going to give the best profomance a 240Z, 260Z, or 280Z??or is there no diffrence confused2.gif

Guest bobs302z

the 240&260 are lighter than the 280 (240 is 2400 and the 280 is 2700) there are several reasons for this doors, bumpers rear end etc. if you go with a 240 you have to change to a 280 or newer rear end ( r180 to a r200) there are many storys on this site about people blowing up the r180 I went with the 280 but have put older stile bumpers grill etc to make look like a 240 i think it is easyer to find that switching rear ends the more info you read from this site before you deside the better off you will be some body here has done it the wrong way before and lucky for us new comers has talked about so we dont make the same mistake GOOD LUCK

Guest 400 ci 280z

what he is talking about is changing the whole case and the half shafts i think. i am pretty sure the half shafts do not switch from 180 to 200 diffs.(not the same bolt patterns). i hope this helps