HybridZ

How much for a T-5???

Guest ScaryFast

Guest ScaryFast

How much should i expect to pay for a used/new

T-5? Is there another five speed that is similar that will bolt on to my 302 that will be cheaper.

Guest Anonymous

Around $350-400 used. Not a better trans for the money. On the Corral.net, some guys claim to get into the 10's with T-5's, others complain that they break pulling out of the driveway. My T-5 is a real sweetheart.

You could get and old SROD 4-speed for about

$100-200 (which requires a different bellhousing), but the T-5 is so much better.

Guest fordguy57

THE T-5'S ARE NOT ALL THE SAME EITHER. THE LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S ARE THE HIGHEST TORQUE RATED. THE

EARLY 80'S MUSTANG & TURBO 4 CYL T5 TRANS IS ONLY RATED A LITTLE OVER 1/2 THE TORQUE CAPABILITY OF THE LATE V8 ONE'S. THERE IS A SITE THAT HAS THE TORQUE RATINGS AND HAS TAG NUMBERS FROM TRANS THAT TIE INTO THEM. THINK IT IS ON A MUSTNAG LINK...

Guest Anonymous

if your looking for a t5 try to get a 92 trans. my 89 blew under a hundred and fifty. but my right seat was broke when i bought the car so you know who drove it. the 92 mustang run so strong. every 92 i see has had no problems. its like in that year ford blueprinted all the 92. just my experience and few cents.