HybridZ

oil pressure gauge solution 5/1975

Just thought I'd share a victory moment: For several months (not during the deep freeze of the midwest of course) I haven't been able to figure out why I was getting a temp reading but no oil pressure reading. I swapped out the sending unit early on - no luck, I took the whole gauge out, apart, and back together to see if there were any fried wires or damaged components - all checked out ok. Next to the harness: wow. So I discovered that the harness is from another z, an automatic I think (I've got the base manual), and likely from a different year. Next, much thought... After busting my head over this I finally ran a test wire directly from the sending unit to the gauge and bam - reading. Apparantly there was a bad connection in one of the two connectors between the dash and the sending unit. After a quick thread along the harness and tieing them up on both ends, it works perfectly. All worked out ok, and I can finally breathe easy knowing that I'm not about to blow something out from too much pressure that I don't even know about! So that's 6 months of confusion and about a 30 minute fix. ...I thought I was smarter than that!