HybridZ

first drive happy camper

Guest bobs302z

Guest bobs302z

well today I took my car for its first drive got every thing in except carpet etc (just seats) I took my 9 year old son for the fist test then took It for a 1 1/2 hour ride Ilove It cant wait to burn a few imports and mustangs. Only problem I found so far Is I have little brakes I think my master cylinder is gone have to pump it a couple if times to work bleed brakes several times and no differce. does anyone have sugestion for master cylinder? The jtr book says the 280z 2+2 is better

Guest Anonymous

JTR may refer to the 2+2 vaccum brake cannister rather than the 2+2 master cylinder as an upgrade to be used in conjunction to the early direct bolt-on Toyota 4X4 brake calipers. I have this system including the master cylinder from the 2+2 but I think the master cylinder is the same size as the coupe master cylinder. I got the 2+2 vaccum cannister and master cylinder as a complete unit because of possible length problems with the activator push rod in trying to mate the 2+2 vaccum cannister with the coupe master cylinder. I also have an after market adjustable rear proportioning valve to compensate for the slightly larger front brake calipers. You just may need a good stock master cylinder with some high performance brake pads/shoes. Your fellow Canadian Ross Corrigan has the right gear to make all that Ford horsepower go whoa with your stock brake system, or the high performance equipment to stop on a dime. I am no expert on this since I have it on the never ending project but no actual road experience about my brake system upgrade.