HybridZ

HELP!!!!!!!!! FORD CLUTCH HELP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, Guru's, once again I ask for help.... We have the engine out of the ranchero, its a 302 (old style). It has a bellhousing (grease penciled 78 Ford) with a T-10 behind it. The flywheel is near 14", the replacement is about 12" (its the flywheel that came with the 302 roller motor and it IS the right one balance wise, thanks for that).

Problem, if we go with the small flywheel, we need a new disk and pressure plate, no straing, but what about the starter, it appears the starter mounting bosses are the same on both blocks, would we need a newer model starter for the smaller diameter flywheel? I can't reason why this wouldn't be so, and need confirmation.

It appears like the only solution, unless (and my brother says they do) have a different flywheel thats bigger with the new balance offset.

Any help would be great and give us a head start on getting parts instead of calling Ford Racing on Monday.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Nevermind, he I think found a solution.

Thanks anyway,

Lone

Update: Ford trucks 81 up (according to Ford Racing, not sure on cars, probably the same) flywheel is externally balanced at 50 oz/offset which the newer roller motor uses. So to use our T10 thats the flywheel we'll need. Just info if anyone runs into the same problem.