HybridZ

Ford Throttlebody question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what the mounting bolt pattern spacing is on a Ford style throttlebody? Is this pattern the same for all Ford single bore throttlebodies and aftermarket single bore throttlebodies? I'm looking for dimensions of the studs or bolt holes in both directions. I'm making a adapter and need this info to proceed. Thanks.

Regards,

Lone

cant tell you the dimensions as they are all not the same. i have a 5.0 mustang here and its different from a explorer 5.o HO motor. (the explorer is 65 or 70mm stock)

i wanted to bolt up the xlorer one and it wont go

i just bought a BBK one in 7omm, and a trick flow track heat intake for the vertible

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Mike, I was affraid of that, I reasoned they probably were'nt the same because of the larger bore forcing the bolt pattern out, but was hoping against hope. No biggie, I'll just wait until I have the physical throttlebody in my hand to make the adapter. I've heard of the explorer throttlebody, supposed to be pretty big, but I'm thinking I'm gonna need 70mm for this application. The BBK stuff is pretty nice, I saw a 70mm unit on a 5.0 display and it was pretty nice looking stuff. Sounds like the convertable is gonna get a bit more serious.(it is a beautiful car by the way) :D

Regards,

Lone