HybridZ

T5 Clutch - Cable vs. Hydraulic

Guest buschj

Has anyone successfully adapted the cable from a Mustang to the Z pedal assembly? I don’t really like the feel of the cable clutch in my 91’ GT, but $350 to convert to hydraulic is a little expensive.

I try not to post unless I have something important to discuss. It is my hope that the Ford forum will have as much action as the Chevy forum someday. For the past 19 years and three Z’s I have planned for a Chevy swap. When it came time to purchase the drive train, I decided to take the road less traveled. I check this board at least five times a day to see if anybody needs help. Thank you everybody!

It didn't cost me that much to go hydrolic!

The Neal Pulling Cylinder was like $60 or so, and the Tilton Master was likr $100. Besides that I had to get a steel braided line for the hose (another $20) and that's all you need. You will need to rethread the clevis on the end of the rod for the master cylinder, and buy a couple of bolts and a plastic bushing (I think there is a pic of the setup floating around here somewhere on HybridZ) and you just install it. I will take a couple of pics of the setup tomorrow and post them, and I'll dig up the prices and where I got the parts, but there's no way it was $350 for the parts!

Also, if you go to my site http://zcar.netdojo.com/fordswap.htm I posted the trans mount part # there now.

I'll try and post pics and all this info on the page tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

AL 2thumbs.gif