HybridZ

Cobra style sidepipes

Guest Tyrant

Saw a 240Z about a week ago that had AC Cobra sidepipes. Does anyone know who makes them for a 240Z or are were they custom headers and pipes. I have attached some pics to help. The ones that I saw were flat black wich IMO looked much better than the chrome ones

ERA 427 Cobra

exhaust.jpg

Factory 5

sinportexhsm.jpg

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

Guest Anonymous

Well where the cobra tube frame/aluminum monoque lends itself to that sort of header, the Datsun does not, you'd have to reinforce and carve through the fendwell inner fenders to get a shot at the headers. If someone does make that I'd really like to know, but I've never ran across info that says someone makes those for a Z. They'd look sweet and tucked up high enough would really help with ground clearance IMHO.

Regards,

Lone

Hey Super280z, Nope I don't post on that board. The boards I post on are www.austinareastangs.com www.texasracingscene.com www.stangnet.com and www.corral.com . I currently have a Mustang Cobra, but have been thinking about selling it and getting a truck and a project car. I already have a friend that will sell me his 240Z for little cash, so hopefully I'll be jumping on the HybridZ band wagon in a couple of weeks. As for comming over to RR, Instant Message me or email me. My AIM name is tyrant281 and my email is albert-smith@austin.rr.com . Let me know what you are doing we can hook up and go to a couple of car gathering. There's always ppl looking for a good race.

Happy modding

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: Tyrant ]