HybridZ

Ford 351w engine

Guest 327zxer

Guest 327zxer

Is the 351w very upgradeable.I noticed that there is a crankshaft that takes it from 351 to 393 cid. Can somebody post a link to that crankshaft and the other stuff I would need.What Carb works best of a 393 stroker motor and of course you can't forget the intake. can you guys give me reccommendations.

Guest Anonymous

The 351W is very "upgradeable". Stroker cranks from 393 up to 427 cid are available (I've even heard of a 4.5" [approx 460cid] stroker crank, but haven't found it yet.) It's basically a larger version of the 302/5.0L with some small differences. The major drawback is breathing. Factory heads aren't the best, with the exception of the GT-40 variants; but the same aftermarket heads that would be too much for a 5.0L really work well on a stroker 351W.

For stroker kits, try www.speedomotive.com

They may not be the cheapest, but they've been around a while and know what they are doing

There's cheap mods you can do to tweak a 351W too--I have one in my truck, and I installed a 302 cam (more low-end torque) and 302 heads (smaller combustion chamber=raised compression)--only catch is the bolt holes in the head needed to be enlarged since the 351 uses larger bolts than the 302.

The plus side of all that is I now own a F350 that can smoke the tires when it hits second gear--usually gets peoples attention