HybridZ

T5 Slave bracket info

BLKMGK

Found this on a Miata site. I'm pondering a turbo Miata as a next playtoy and thought that this info might help out anyone trying to put the Tf into the Z with a Ford motor since the Miata guys do the same thing...

http://www.miataforum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=000483#000000

If I understand correctly that will be info for a bracket that can be used to mount aq slave cylinder to the T5 - no mo' cable issues. :D

Duh, a more direct link would be smarter!

http://www.autoworks.cc

clutch_kit2.jpg

the page with the clutch kit seems to be empty?

there is another place in san diego that makes a similar kit- johns mustangs (i think) it doesnt use the spring external and i think the slave is closer in to the tranny--

i am prettysure with how far back my motor is i would need the end of the clutch fork cut off or it would hit the trans tunnel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I did a pull slave on my car and it seems to work well . There is alot more room in front of bell housing. I just made bushing for shaft to go through cable hole in housing . Ther are pictures of other peoples car that have done it . Should be able to find it in search.

Guest Anonymous

We found a very compact and low budget solution to this problem. We used a hole saw to make a hole in the bellhousing just behind the shift fork. We cut the shift fork off flush with the casing and made a flat plate to seal the hole. A push slave off a Toyota Celica (I had one around) was inserted through the hole in the bellhousing and the shift fork was marked where the shaft from the slave touched it. This area was ground concave with a Dremel to accomodate the shaft from the push slave. The slave was then attatched with a bracket to the transmission housing. The push slave pushes the shift fork flawlessly - no problems after months of use. There is enough side to side movement in the shaft sticking out of the slave cylinder that you don't have to worry about fancy mounts for the slave - just bolt it to the tranny. Sorry, no digital camera or I'd post a pic - which would be worth the proverbial thousand words.

Guest Anonymous

hey dr Graham

I ysed the set up that I talked to you about from Guyon racing in Calgary. (wilwood pull slave and tilton 3/4 master it worked well all last summer. I hope to go to Van this summer with car I will have to stop and check out your car .. I want to hit Mission for a friday night drags . I have a friend that owns the Cultus lake marine and hope to visit. It good to here of another clutch option.