HybridZ

Turbo L6 questions for you guys (new to forum too)

Hey thanks for that bit of info scottie. Thats helpful so i assume a -7 AN is half inch eh'

Dude, carlos told me that 420 injectors will be too small for my application !? Is this true, I did some calculations and thought that they would be just fine for what im looking to do...

I dont know if you didnt notice, or forgot to answer, but what is your thought on the oil supply line on the turbo?

Thanks alot- Evan

YIKES... there is no such thing as a -7 an! ahhhhh

What should i do? I guess i could just flare the ends and slip on the fuel line, then hoseclamp it on. I would rather do the AN fittings but its not lookin like an option at this point.

OH, scottie can you bug carlos to send out my SDS?? smile.gif Im lookin forward to seeing this thing and would like to get it wired in before my motors done in the machine shop.

Thanks again dude= Evan

-8 feed and -6 return will be fine. Thats what I am using now and MOF, I am using the original carb feed line as my return.

Either line is fine. If you use the hard line, check it out carefully and clean it out good. Sometimes oil get coked up in it.

Scottie

Hello everyone, i have been reading though this forum for the last week or so and learning an immense amount. Its nice to find a forum without so much newbie stuff and repeats, i have found some truely useful information.

I have some questiions about my L6 turbo that i am currently building.

First, this is regarding the turbo oil supply line. Am i better off using the stock hard line? or go with a braided setup?

Also, i am unfamiliar with the AN fittings. I need to put them on my .5" fuel lines and am not sure what to order so if someone can provide me with "adaptation" info i would greatly apreciate it.

Thanks for everyones help- Evan

OH, ill tell you guys what im doing for some short background information.

I am using forged pistons, SDS, turbonetics hybrid turbo, 60mm throttle body, NPR intercooler, 3" DP and exhaust system, 420cc injectors and then the rest is pretty mundane. My hp goals are relatively small... 350 hp or so. Carlos at racetech says this is achieveable. If anyone else has any good info to add please do!

------------------

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Scottie-GNZ:

Evan, welcome. No problem with getting your 350hp. BTW, Carlos did not tell I was standing next to him when you called him the other day.

-04 = 7/32

-06 = 11/32

-08 = 7/16

-10 = 9/16

-12 = 11/16

Scottie

Hey Scottie you are little off on your conversion

-04 = 1/4

-06 = 3/8

-08 = 1/2

-10 = 5/8

-12 = 3/4