HybridZ

Turbo install questions

clint78z

I have a few minor bugs to work out my motor to get it running .

I am using the bigger T3/T04E turbo with adapter flange and it runs right into the PCV valve on the bottom side of the 76 intake manifold . I also have little money so I can't buy a SS hose for turbo oiling, I will probably get 1/4" copper line (3/16" hard to find) and use an 1/8" NPT adapters on the end .

A throttle body adapter and electric fan, and a minor distributor mod are all that stands between me and a running engine . wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Sounds great Clint. I have the same problem with my T3/T4e blocking the PCV outlet. I blocked the opening in the manifold (probably a no no). I wonder if using the valve cover breather outlet to the breather on the bottom of the engine would work? Was that your question?

The crank and cam cover must be vented to the intake or atmosphere(messy) . Pressure builds in these and must be vented in order to increase performance . More than likely the PCV will be relocated on the manifold . A plug might do for now . What type of Air filter arrangment do you have on yours, I bought the universal 8" K&N and now I wish I bought something a little smaller, mine barely fits anywhere on my 280z with AC .

Clint,

I have a 8" filter on mine as well. I bolted it up directly to the turbo. Scottie sold me the piping for the filter, but it is a tight fit trying to get the I/C piping AND the intake piping between the rad support. Might have to do a bit of "massaging" to get them both to fit. If at all possible try and get that filter out in front. It makes a world of difference as that is the way I had mine plumbed with the starion I/C.

As for now i will put a filter on the valve cover and the crank case.