HybridZ

Latest mods on my 83zxT

Guest Anonymous

Out of curiosity, is the radiator cooler actually helpful enough that you've been able to tell its there? Just curious... I've never heard of anything like that before. Nice idea though.

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

[This message has been edited by Drax240z (edited August 24, 2000).]

Guest Anonymous

I just did this mod on Monday & Tuesday of this week & haven't had a chance to see if it will be effective in bringing my engine temp down. About three weeks ago I went on a great drive in the mountains (I'm in Utah)& my water temp got up to about 245-250 degrees by the time I got to the summit. It's normally running at 200-210 degrees. This is what spurned me into action with this mod to see if it would help. Tomorrow is the Utah Zcar Mountain Fun Run that I've organized & I'll have a chance to see just how much, if any, it will effect my engine temp. I'll keep you posted after the weekend. One guy suggested that I spray on the intercooler as well.

I'm gearing up to put together water injection On my Z - I expect that WI would have more of an effect - It'll be interesting to see if this pans out.

Doug 83zxT

quote:

Originally posted by Drax240z:

Out of curiosity, is the radiator cooler actually helpful enough that you've been able to tell its there? Just curious... I've never heard of anything like that before. Nice idea though.