HybridZ

l6turbo/na

v8dats

hey guys i was just wondering what would be the best 6cylider combo by using a turbo.what size turbo which shortblock,head,cam ect..

i would also like to know what would be the best combo for the non turbo with some webers.what exhaust?any timeslips?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Speaker

as far as ease of use?

a 280zx turbo motor definitely; it can already handle lots of boost because its a built turbo motor...

a member on this board named J Taylor has this setup with a Bell front mount intercooler and a T04e turbo (big turbo)... he's extremely fast... i've been in the car... straight-6s with external wastegates sound cool smile.gif

but he's got a spool up problem; but i doubt its the turbo; see his post above on the headwork he wants done...

it may just be a flow problem...

as far as a cam i don't know; a stock cam seems to be fine... i mean if putting down close to 400rwhp in a 2600lb car isn't enuf for you... i don't know what is smile.gif

if high 11s in the 1/4 are too slow; well... there are other things that can be done...