HybridZ

Glasspacks on L6?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

thanks for all the help!!! Now I just need some money.. hehe icon_smile.gif btw... about how much should it cost for the pipe and install... I know the muffler is about $40.

Fraga

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I called a lot of shops and the range for pipe, bending and install was about 150-200... does that sound reasonable?

Fraga

Sounds decent to me...

BTW, I now have a L28 with a resonator and no muffler on my other Z. Its not obnoxiously loud, but its still fairly loud... louder than I care for. Granted right now the exhaust pipe ends just in front of the rear wheels (muffler fell off before I got it) so it does resonate a bit in the cabin. Tomorrow I am going to swap on an el cheapo muffler, maybe a glasspack just to quiet things down a little.

I put on a Dynamax super turbo muffler today, along with the old resonator and pipe. The car is way quieter now, seems to still have good power, and is fun to drive! (no drone) Its probably too quiet for most performance guys, but I'd rather listen to the engine than the exhaust. icon_smile.gif (plus its a daily driver)

I guess Ill pipe up here.. no pun intended... I have gotten super lazy about posting lately. Oh well, got alot going on.

I started with a 2.5" system with a header and NO muffler. You wanna talk loud? I never revved over 5k because the sound was deafening. Small children would run away crying (seriously!). It pretty much elimnated the possiblity of killing a deer, the damn thing was so loud it makes the hondas sound like mosquitos.

Then i put on the glasspack, still mighty loud but very much improved. I liked the sound, and hope my turbo motor sounds half as cool as my N/A motor did!

Evan

PS... glasspacks are cheap.. try it, if it sucks take it off! You can get them for under 20 from summit racing. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

well, I went to a muffler shop to have them bend a piece of pipe for my k&n intake (which turned out cool btw) and asked about the install for my z and they said about $120, So I'm taking it in tomorrow after school... I'll let you know how it turns out... Gonna be sweet.. 2.25in pipe from the manifold to the super turbo muffler. Much better than my big hole, rusty pos muffler now that sucks air in when i shift. hehe, damn back pressure.

Oh, my intake sounds cool too, makes a cool sucking sound. Can't wait.... sorry so long winded. icon_smile.gif

Fraga

Guest Anonymous

well, it ended up at $190 total... oh well.. sounds sweet... the 2000rpm resonance is loud, i kinda like it, could get annoying... With the intake and exhaust it definately pulls a bit faster now... I like it..

Fraga

Nothing like getting an exhaust done and enjoying the benefits of having emissions go out the back instead of in the car! icon_smile.gif

I have two mufflers on my system (it's together but not on the car yet) a straight thru Borla and then a big Dynomax in the rear. There is supposed to be no resonance with this kind of setup. Hopefully, it will be everything it is supposed to be!

David