HybridZ

vq35de

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the VQ35DE that comes in the new Pathfinder? I was considering this swap for several reasons. One, there should be a massive amount of aftermarket performance parts for these engines after the new Altima, Z, and other VQ35DE engined vehicles hit the showroom floors. This engine is light, compact and puts out adequate power in its stock configuration. I was wondering what the differences would be between the VQ35DE found in the Pathfinder and that in the new Z? Where would the additional power come from that the Z is supposed to have, the cam profile, better exhaust and intake?

How long do you think it will be before this engine becomes available at a reasonable price? I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just curious about your time frame. I figure it will be 1.5 to 2 years before they start showing up at wrecking yards and such. The price may be somewhat high due to the initial scarcity. That will change with time though.

David

Guest Anonymous

I am not sure how long it will take. I've asked this question to some auto recyclers and they believe there should be some available. I don't know what the price would be. Just out of curiousity I checked on the Honda S2000 drivetrain and found several available at salvage yards already so I would guess there would also be some wrecked Pathfinders out there. I have also discovered it would be possible to purchase a Japanese VQ35DE at a reasonable price and there is availablity. Depending on the engine I choose, I may have to wait a year to swap. It may be worth the wait for the VQ because I feel it will be a hot motor for aftermarket parts in the future.