HybridZ

83zx turbo engine swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys,,Im new here and need some help.I just bought an 83 280ZX coupe that was totally restored from the ground up.Body,frame,floorboards,engine,ect.And fitted with a MotorsportZ body kit.The car is truly amazing.My problem is the car is not fast enough.To be honest,,after getting out of my Conquest and getting into my Z,it feels like a real dog.Im seriously considering the 280zxt turbo engine swap,and need some info about this subject.I know the engine is a direct bolt in,but I need some specifics on what other parts would have to be swapped.Ofcourse the ECU would have to be swapped,but what other electrical stuff?Would all the wiring harnesses match up?Thanks in advance.

If you do this swap you'll need the harness from the turbo car as well as the ecu, airflow meter, oil cooler, fuel pump, and there is a fuel pump regualtor mounted under the dash near the ecu. Depending if you want a totally stock install or not you could use the air cleaner from a zx turbo but I would advise a K/N filter system. Also I would imagine that the bracket that the airflow meter bolts to would be different so you might wanna grab that.. (depending if you don't wanna have to fabricate anything. If possible your best bet is to find a whole car that runs good but is beat up (cuz you might get it cheap) If you can find one that is.